Crowns and Bridges
Ultra-resistant ceramic crowns and bridges are used to cover a damaged tooth or replace one or more missing teeth.
A crown is a cap that completely covers a damaged tooth. A bridge is made up of crowns that replace one or more missing teeth. Because of the quality of the ceramics and the advanced technology used in the Sourire Concept laboratories, bridges and crowns have significantly improved compared to previous generations. The use of highly resistant zircon and porcelain has revolutionized the world of dentistry. “All-Ceramics” eliminate the metal from your mouth, enhancing the aesthetics and durability of these prosthetics.
- Once the proper diagnosis is made, a second appointment for the procedure will be given.
- The dentist prepares your tooth for the dental crown. For a bridge, the dentist prepares the two teeth adjacent to the missing tooth or the missing teeth.
- The crown is made to measure in the laboratory, or on site thanks to CEREC. For a bridge, the replacement tooth and the two crowns are made in one piece, also made to measure in the laboratory, or on site thanks to CEREC.
- The dentist will cement the crown into place. For a bridge, the dentist will cement the bridge to the two adjacent healthy teeth.
Advantages of All-Ceramic Dental Crowns and Bridges
All-Ceramic dental crowns and bridges:
- Are long-lasting,
- Protect a damaged or a worn-down tooth,
- Replace missing teeth,
- Hide a malformation or a discolored tooth, and
- Strengthen the teeth.